If you download software from LCC Online, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by LCC. LCC does not transfer title to the Software to you. You own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but LCC retains full and complete title to the Software and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
This site is controlled and operated by LCC from its offices within the State of California, United States of America. Anyone who accesses this site from other locations does so on their own initiative and is responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Software from this site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) of any country to which the US has restricted exports. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country.
This agreement is effective until terminated by either party. Upon termination you must destroy all materials obtained from any and all LCC site(s) and all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof, whether made under the terms of this agreement or otherwise.
The materials in this site are provided "AS IS" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. LCC does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. LCC also does not warrant that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Please note: Links are provided for reference purposes only. LCC has not evaluated the information provided on every site it links to, and their appearance here does not constitute an endorsement of any organization.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
Links to LCC Web Pages
You may link to individual pages withinLCC Web sites, but you must do so in a way that presents the page in its entirety. You may not cause an LCC Web page to appear within the frame of another site nor may you link to individual page elements such as a graphic or photograph. You may not link directly to an LCC audio file or to an audio stream; you must link to the LCC page from which the file is accessed.
Links to LCC Web pages may be presented in text format only. LCC-owned marks, logos, photos, or other images may not be used in association with links without express permission.
Links to LCC sites are made at the webmaster's own risk. LCC reserves the right to change site structure and page filenames, which may result in broken links from external sites.
User submissions include, but are not limited to, comments on any LCC blogs or stories, photos submitted to the LCCWeb site either directly or via a photo sharing site, and all other content provided to any LCC Web sites by a site visitor.
1. You are responsible for all of your submissions. You may not post any messages misrepresenting yourself as someone else, or by using a false e-mail address. You must post under your own real name and provide a valid e-mail address, and are responsible for all posts you make.
2. Your submissions may not infringe upon others' use and enjoyment of the LCC Web sites. Do not post any material or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, prejudicial, or is otherwise in violation of the law or LCC's guidelines. (If you see a violation of this policy in an LCC discussion space, please report it on our Contact form.)
3. You must have the rights to what you submit. You may only submit content for which you have the copyright or other specific permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or proprietary rights. You acknowledge that any submitted materials are in the public domain, or that you own the rights to publish them.
4. You grant us limited rights to what you submit. When you submit materials to LCC Web sites, you grant us an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to redistribute or republish the information in any medium or form.
5. You may not submit content for commercial purposes. You cannot use LCC Web sites, including but not limited to blogs, for commercial purposes, nor to distribute or otherwise publish any material containing requests for money, advertising, or solicitations and promotions of goods and services.
6. You hold us harmless. LCC does not endorse and is not responsible for any statement, opinion, or advice given or made by anyone other than authorized LCC representatives. All postings are those of the author, and you rely on such information at your own risk.
7. Your submission may be removed by us at our discretion, for any reason. We will remove from the site any comment that violates our guidelines. In instances of willful abuse, we reserve the right to take whatever action we determine appropriate, including the termination of access privileges and legal action.
8. You agree to protect your and others' personal information. Do not include personal contact information (your own or anyone else's), such as phone numbers, home addresses, screen names for instant messaging, or e-mail addresses. Posts containing this kind of information will be removed.
9. We republish part of all of your comments on any of our participating sites or any other form. We reserve the right to republish all or part of any comment posted to our site, at our discretion. When we do this, we will identify the comment author by first name only, for example, "Jose in Burbank said on our blog..."
10. We will not edit your comments online. As a rule, we do not edit comments for content, spelling, grammar, or space. If it's way too long or too unreadable, we will remove it. Otherwise, it will stay up exactly as you wrote it.
11. We will not remove comments by request. Comments will not be removed or edited by request after they are posted, and may be found on the site long after they are posted. Please think before you post. Be aware that someone who shares your name may post a comment that you disagree with. This is the nature of multiple people having the same name. We will not remove comments due to concerns over authorship or appearance of authorship, or for any reason other than our own editorial judgment.
12. You agree to write properly. Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation make it easier for everyone to understand your ideas. Posts that are so riddled with errors as to be unreadable will be removed. ALL CAPS is very difficult to read; comments submitted in ALL CAPS will be removed.
13. You agree to be concise and stay on topic. Keep comments brief and relevant to the topic under discussion. Long rambling screeds and tangents will be removed. Please post your comment only once.
Requests for Permission
Requests for permission to republish LCC content in any form should be directed to:
Levantine Cultural Center
1012 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90035
How to Make A Claim of Copyright Infringement
LCC and its affiliated companies respect the intellectual property of others and we ask those posting to this site to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information:
1. The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
3. Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the Web site where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published.
4. Identification of the URL or other specific location of this site where the material that you claim is infringing is located; you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material.
5. Your name, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
6. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
7. A statement by you, made under penalty or perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.